Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My very first blog!

I can not believe that I have started a blog sight. I pretty much said that I would never be the kind of person who would just lay it all out there for the world to see. Guess I was wrong! 

For those of you that do not know I am now living in Grovetown, GA. It is 13 long hours from my hometown. I always said I could not wait to get out of Leesville, LA but now that I am gone I see the importance of living close to family. When times get tough, family will always be there for you. Of course I WILL NOT move back to Leesville, but hopefully someday soon I will move closer to the ones I love. 

I have been married for nearly 4 years now! Wow! It has been the best 4 years of my life. My husband's name is TJ Hearndon  (Timothy James) He is my best friend and my soul mate. I can't imagine my life without him. He truly makes my life a joy filled life.  Everyone who meets TJ instantly likes him (which of course makes me a proud wife!).

I have attempted several occupations. The one I have spent most of my time and effort towards is Children's ministry. I truly do have a heart and a passion for helping children. The problem is I do not feel I was created to work in a church environment. 
I have taught school for 2 years and I do LOVE teaching. I hope to do more of in the future. 

My true passion is being a good wife and hopefully someday soon a fabulous mother. My husband and I have been trying for over 2 years to have children. We have been to the doctor several times and I have another appointment coming up real soon so keep your fingers crossed!

For my first blog I just wanted to let you know a little about myself. Trust me there are many more, much crazier, sides to me. I am willing and able to expose them to you, so get ready. You will learn many things about me from my love of T.V. to my radical addiction to Diet Coke!
Hope everyone has a great day. Let me know how you are all doing. I would love to hear from you. Talk to you soon!

Amanda B. Hearndon

 

3 comments:

  1. Mandy--

    I'm so excited to read your blog. I hope you will post something every day so I can keep up with you. Love the picture! Was it taken at your house? Tell me MORE!!!! I love you (and T.J.) so much...

    Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Welcome to the world of blogs! I've been wanting to do the same thing. So, thanks for the inspiration...I suppose. Keep the posts coming. Best of luck with getting a little one here. We too tried for nearly two years. It's the best feeling in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda, You may not remember us from Leesville. You and TJ taught our boys in childrens church. We miss ELBC every day! Welcome to the world of blogging. I really love it and our family loves it. That is how they keep up with our boys. Take care and Brett and I also struggled for several years and the minute we stopped worrying we had Ethan. Looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete