Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Things have been crazy

So things have been so crazy here at the home front. I have been busily searching for a job and keeping up with household activities. We have known for a while that our new niece, Kayla Joy Byron would be coming into the world. Well it finally happened last week, January 3. She is beautiful! Our nephew, Steven James who is a big boy now....4 years old has come to stay with us this week. He needed the extra attention and I am sure his Mommy could use some time with the new baby and some much needed rest. 
TJ and I visited the new baby in Jacksonville, FL last weekend. As we were getting ready to leave  Jacksonville with Steven in tow, my mom called with the news that my dad suffered a heart attack the night before. TJ and I were devastated, but here we were with a 4 year old who had no idea what was going on and was very excited about coming to stay with Aunt Amanda and Uncle TJ. He had awaken the night before around 3:30 trying to get us to get out of bed and hit the road. We reminded him that it was still night time and we would leave first thing in the morning. He was disappointed but he reluctantly went back to sleep. 
I say all of this because I could not break his heart. He had to come home with us. Once I had heard the news about my dad all I wanted to do was rush home (which is more than 13 hours away), but I knew I must take care of my favorite nephew. 
My dad is doing fine now. I hope he will move out of ICU soon. I will be flying home Sunday to be with them for a while. I will be working for my mom, keeping the shop running so she can take care of Dad. 
Having Steven here has been a great distraction. He is the cutest and sweetest. We have had so much fun playing outside and watching movies. I will miss him when he is gone. TJ and I are so ready to have our own little Steven. 
Well, please keep my dad in your prayers and pray for TJ and I as we are going to be spending a couple of weeks apart. You know what they say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder" We will see!

2 comments:

  1. I hate to hear that about your dad. We hadn't heard. I'm glad he's doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, oh my gosh, I had no idea about your Dad until just now. Girl, I'm praying for him and your whole family. I'm going to have Dave call TJ. Maybe we can have him over for dinner and cheer him up from missing you. Take care.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete